FOR INFORMATION ON RESIDENCY APPLICATION
Contact Us +1 941-979-9029
22655 Bayshore Road, Suite 150
Charlotte Harbor, Florida 33980
USMLE™ is a registered trademark of the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) of the United States, Inc., and the National Board of Medical Examiners® (NBME). Neither of these trademark holders are affiliated with Ximedus, Inc. or this website.
Structure of the Simulated English Exam will be as follows:
Listening component: There are three parts to this component. A total of 42 questions. All three tasks take 45 minutes to complete this component.
Reading component: There are three parts to this component. This section will take 60 minutes to complete the entire reading component.
Writing component: This component has one specific writing task to be completed in 45 minutes. This is divided into 5 minutes to read the notes and 40 minutes to do the Writing task. The task will be either: a referral letter or a transfer letter or a discharge letter.
The Speaking task. This component is completed with a Standardized Patient (Interlocutor). You are required to discuss a medical topic or concern with the patient. You are given two topics to role-play with the Patient. Each topic will take 5 minutes to role-play. You will perform the stimulation through the aid of a printed out card. You are able to refer and write on this aid throughout the task.
Notes pertaining to the administration of this simulated exam:
1. The exam will be administered via Zoom
2. This is a paper and pencil exam. You will be given detailed instructions once you register on how to deliver your answer sheet to us for scoring
3. Score Reports will be delivered 48 hours after the simulated exam date.
4. A thorough understanding of the scores will be discussed individually with each participant.
5. You are required to take this exam on a laptop or desktop.
6. You can not do this exam over your phone.
7. You will need a set of Head-phones to do the listening part of this exam.
8. The exam begins at 3:00 pm eastern time, and finishes approximately 4 hours later, depending on the number of examinees enrolled.
9. Enrollment is limited.
English Simulated Exam (Online) For Medicine
Designed for students or physicians that are preparing for the ECFMG "required" English Exam and would like to evaluate their strengths and weaknesses prior to taking the examination. The simulated exam assesses all aspects of the examination. Within 48 hours of the completion of the exam, each participant receives a detailed score report similar to what you will receive in the actual exam. You are evaluated for your examination readiness in the following components: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking tasks.