Includes Complimentary Airport pickup and Drop off - To Sarasota and Fort Myers Airports in Florida along with daily transport to the Workshop and back to the Hotel (Local Hotel)
- Empathy Preparation: A Communication Instructor explains how to display Clinical Empathy. You will learn the Basic Understanding of Empathy for both Adult and Pediatric encounters. After the discussion you will practice your skills.
- Full Day Practice Examination with 9 (nine) Standardized Patients Encounters in a medical-clinic environment. Each examination room is fully-equipped with all medical instruments, a stool, and an examination table - to prepare you for the actual exam.
- Computer generated announcements with time lines similar to what you will experience in the actual CS exam.
- Examination Proctor - to oversee the exam.
- Video monitored exam by Staff Physicians.
- Physician-evaluated and graded Patient Notes on 50% of your cases
- Multiple Unique Encounters - including phone encounters
- Encounters with Challenging Emotions and Questions
- Standardized Patient will provide you with 1-on-1 individualized feedback
- Receive individualized feedback on 70% of your cases
- Receive written feedback on all your cases.
- Feedback by a Staff Physician - on the majority of your encounters
- Detailed Statistical Analysis - at the completion of the exam showing your improvements in each assessed area compared to your Diagnostic Exam.
- Discussion of Test Results - individualized for each student via one-on-one interaction with our Staff Physicians. [Recommendations are made for further improvements].
Day 4 Morning
- Data Gathering and Data Interpretation: The morning is devoted to understanding how to approach various cases and what Physical Examination should be completed for each case. 15-20 Cases are presented and discussed.
- Review Clinical Knowledge related to Patient encounters.
- Review and discuss Ximedus Charts (Ximedus Charts have been developed to help the student determine the Differential Diagnosis more accurately and to review Clinical Knowledge relevant to the CS Exam).
- Review of Complex Cases: Prescription refill, Domestic Violence, etc.
- Lunch Break
Day 4 Afternoon
- Practice Communication Skills from specific areas of your weaknesses with Communication Instructor and/or Standardized Patients. You are given specific scenarios that may pose a challenge for you in the actual examination and you practice the Interview, Closure, Counseling, and Challenging questions.
- Focused and Individualized assignments are given based on deficiencies seen during encounters and examination performance.
- Patient note assignment given.
Day 2 Morning
- Techniques for Interview Closure NEW CHANGES include:
- Writing the Patient Note:
- Lunch Break
Day 2 Afternoon
- Our Staff Physician demonstrates Physical Examination techniques using a Standardized Patient.
- The entire afternoon is devoted to Hands-On, 1 on 1 practice with Standardized Patients in each organ system (HEENT, Heart, Lung, Abdomen, Musculoskeletal, Neurological)
Day 1 Morning
- Diagnostic Exam
. Communication Skills
. Displaying Respect
. Supporting Emotions
. Gathering Information
. Physical Examination Skills
. Spoken English Proficiency
- Ximedus incorporates trained Professionals (Speech therapists, Spoken English Instructors) into the Diagnostic Exam to evaluate your Spoken English Proficiency.
- Patient Notes will be evaluated by our Staff Physician for your ability to document findings including justification of your Differential Diagnoses via the History and Physical findings columns.
- At the conclusion of the Diagnostic Exam, you receive a detailed Statistical Analysis of your Performance in all areas.
- Principles of Proper Introduction: This exercise is to emphasize the proper technique for Introduction in a Physician/Patient setting. We teach you:
- After the Principles are discussed Standardized Patients are used to practice this skill.
- Lunch Break
Day 1 Afternoon
Our Physicians teach:
- Step 2 CS Exam Orientation - discuss all of the exam's components and what the Standardized Patient will be scoring for each subcomponent.
- Examination Day preparation, what to do the morning of the examination, things to remember, etc
- Effective Physician/Patient Communication Skills in relationship to the NEW CHANGESfor the Communication Interpersonal Skills section including:
- Discussion and demonstration of Effective Communications skills using:
- Ximedus will provide you with:
A Structured, Chronological format for both the Adult and Pediatric Interview
Includes Complimentary Airport pickup and Drop off to - Sarasota (SRQ), Fort Myers (RSW) and Punta Gorda (PGD) Airports in Florida along with daily transport to the Workshop and back to the Hotel
Day 5 Morning
- Clinical Empathy Skills practiced with various scenarios.
- Lunch break
Day 5 Afternoon
- Standardized Patient Physical Examination Practice 1 on 1. You will practice with Standardized - Patients your Physical Examination Skills. Stations are setup for each system and you practice the system and move to the next station. Then you will do scenarios that require you to determine what focused physical examination should be completed based on the focused history. You are allowed 4-5 minutes to complete the required focus physical examination, after each encounter you will be scored immediately and your performance will be evaluated including your clarity in communication. You will complete 12-14 cases for the physical examination. At the completion of the encounters you will receive a score report regarding your performance.
- After class study instructions - given by our Physicians
- Patient Note assignments discussed
- Student-Instructor Wrap-up - at the conclusion of each Workshop each student is given direct access to the Physician Instructor
USMLE™ is a registered trademark of the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) of the United States, Inc., and the National Board of Medical Examiners® (NBME). Neither of these trademark holders are affiliated with Ximedus, Inc. or this website.
FOR INFORMATION ON STEP 2 CS REVIEW COURSES Contact Us +1 941-979-9029
22655 Bayshore Road, Suite 160
Charlotte Harbor, Florida 33980