FOR INFORMATION ON STEP 2 CS REVIEW COURSES Contact Us +1 941-979-9029
22655 Bayshore Road, Suite 160
Charlotte Harbor, Florida 33980
Day 3 Practice Exam
Day 2 Afternoon
Our Staff Physician demonstrates Physical Examination techniques using a Standardized Patient.
USMLE™ is a registered trademark of the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) of the United States, Inc., and the National Board of Medical Examiners® (NBME). Neither of these trademark holders are affiliated with Ximedus, Inc. or this website.
Day 4 & 5
- You will be individually assigned to a Language Specialist.
- The Specialist focuses on:
- The Specialist evaluates your speech and develops a Personalized Communication Program for you to enable you to communicate effectively and successfully for the actual Exam.
- This portion of the Program begins on the 4th Day of the Workshop and continues through the 5th Day.
- Based on examination performance each student will continue to work on there area needing improvement.
- After class instructions are given by the Physician Instructor.
- Examination morning strategy is discussed.
- At the conclusion of each workshop each student is given direct access to the Physician Instructor.
Ximedus is the only program that has Computerized Patient Note at each testing station and gives each student access to an Online Patient Note Practice Program.
Day 1 Afternoon
Our Physicians teach:
. How to demonstrate foster the relationship through facilitative communications
. Using attentive body language
. Use of appropriate empathy
. Validation of Patient concerns
. Determining the Patient's understanding of the information
. Helping the Patient make appropriate decisions
- Discussion and demonstration of Effective Communications skills using:
Ximedus will provide you with:
Day 1 Morning
- Diagnostic Exam
. Communication Skills
. Displaying Respect
. Supporting Emotions
. Gathering Information
. Physical Examination Skills
. Spoken English Proficiency
- Ximedus incorporates trained Professionals (Speech therapists, Spoken English Instructors) into the Diagnostic Exam to evaluate your Spoken English Proficiency.
- Patient Notes will be evaluated by our Staff Physician for your ability to document findings including justification of your Differential -- -Diagnoses via the History and Physical findings columns.
At the conclusion of the Diagnostic Exam, you receive a detailed Statistical Analysis of your Performance in all areas.
- Principles of Proper Introduction: This exercise is to emphasize the proper technique for Introduction in a Physician/Patient setting. We teach you:
- After the Principles are discussed Standardized Patients are used to practice this skill.
- Lunch Break
(Includes Complementary Airport pickup and Drop off - To Sarasota and Fort Myers Airports in Florida along with daily transport to the Workshop and back to the Hotel.
5 Day CS workshop with Emphasis on Spoken English Proficiency, 1-on-1 Tutoring and Practice Exam
Day 2 Morning
- Techniques for Interview Closure NEW CHANGES include:
- Writing the Patient Note:
- Lunch Break