FOR INFORMATION ON STEP 2 CS REVIEW COURSES Contact Us +1 941-979-9029
22655 Bayshore Road, Suite 160
Charlotte Harbor, Florida 33980
Day 1 Morning
- Diagnostic Exam
. Communication Skills
. Displaying Respect
. Supporting Emotions
. Gathering Information
. Physical Examination Skills
. Spoken English Proficiency
- Ximedus incorporates trained Professionals (Speech therapists, Spoken English Instructors) into the Diagnostic Exam to evaluate your Spoken English Proficiency.
- Patient Notes will be evaluated by our Staff Physician for your ability to document findings including justification of your Differential Diagnoses via the History and Physical findings columns.
- At the conclusion of the Diagnostic Exam, you receive a detailed Statistical Analysis of your Performance in all areas.
- Principles of Proper Introduction: This exercise is to emphasize the proper technique for Introduction in a Physician/Patient setting. We teach you:
- After the Principles are discussed Standardized Patients are used to practice this skill.
- Lunch Break
Our Physicians teach:
- Step 2 CS Exam Orientation - discuss all of the exam's components and what the Standardized Patient will be scoring for each subcomponent.
- Examination Day preparation, what to do the morning of the examination, things to remember, etc
- Effective Physician/Patient Communication Skills in relationship to the NEW CHANGES for the Communication Interpersonal Skills section including:
- Discussion and demonstration of Effective Communications skills using:
- Ximedus will provide you with:
- Techniques for Interview Closure NEW CHANGES include:
describing the Diagnoses using clear and understandable statements (Ximedus will provide all possible statements needed for this section of the interview)
- Writing the Patient Note:
- Lunch Break
- Our Staff Physician demonstrates Physical Examination techniques using a Standardized Patient.
- The entire afternoon is devoted to Hands-On, 1 on 1 practice with Standardized Patients in each organ system (HEENT, Heart, Lung, Abdomen, Musculoskeletal, Neurological)
Day 3 Practice Exam
- Empathy Preparation: A Communication Instructor explains how to display Clinical Empathy. You will learn the Basic Understanding of Empathy for both Adult and Pediatric encounters. After the discussion, you will practice your skills.
- Practice Examination with 7 (seven) Standardized Patients Encounters in a medical-clinic environment. Each examination room is fully-equipped with all medical instruments, a stool, and an examination table - to prepare you for the actual exam.
- Computer generated announcements with timelines similar to what you will experience in the actual CS exam.
- Examination Proctor - to oversee the exam.
- Video monitored exam by Staff Physicians.
- Physician-evaluated and graded Patient Notes.
- Multiple Unique Encounters - including phone encounters
- Encounters with Challenging Emotions and Questions
- Standardized Patient will provide you with 1-on-1 individualized feedback for 6 of the encounters.
- Receive individualized feedback on your cases
- Receive written feedback on all your cases.
- Feedback by a Staff Physician - on the majority of your encounters
- Detailed Statistical Analysis - at the completion of the exam showing your improvements in each assessed area compared to your Diagnostic Exam.
- Discussion of Test Results - individualized for each student via one-on-one interaction with our Staff Physicians. [Recommendations are made for further improvements].
- Discussion of the majority of Patient Notes from the Practice Exam.
Includes Complementary Airport pickup and Drop off - To Sarasota and Fort Myers Airports in Florida along with daily transport to the Workshop and back to the Hotel (Local Hotel)
USMLE™ is a registered trademark of the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) of the United States, Inc., and the National Board of Medical Examiners® (NBME). Neither of these trademark holders are affiliated with Ximedus, Inc. or this website.